21st Century Landscape Art Class, is a contemporary art experience for Lakes Ignite 2016 led by leading digital artist Joseph Connor, on 14 and 21 May, encouraging people to stop and sketch what they see in the landscape using their everyday digital devices.
Often we look at, but do not observe the beauty that surrounds us…
Day to day we spend a lot of time consuming images, and not enough time creating them. With that in mind, Joseph Connor’s 21st Century Landscape Art Class experience for Lakes Ignite 2016 hopes to get people to stop and take time out of their day… to sketch what they see before them using phones and tablets during a 40 minute joint ‘painting’ session.
Lapsed and would be artists can join leading digital artist Joseph Connor in this Lakes Ignite 2016 art experience to reawaken their inner artist!
// 21ST CENTURY LANDSCAPE ART CLASS DETAILS:
- Joseph will host four Lakes Ignite digital Art Class sessions at Brockhole, the Lake District Visitor Centre, on 14 and 21 May – classes will be at 10am and 2pm and limited to 40 participants per session.
- Participants will be walked through the principles and then taken en plein air to get creative. After which the created work will be shared on social media and in an online exhibition – a perfect way to share the joy of being outside.
- Delegates will need to download Artrage onto their digital device (this costs around £4 and takes up to 27 mb).
- During the session Joseph will show delegates how to paint landscapes using their digital device.
- Participants will spend about 1 hour learning the principles of landscape painting, the nuances of painting outside and the all the features of Artrage needed to produce digital landscape paintings.
- The Art Class will then venture outside – please bring along appropriate footwear, warm clothing, wet weather gear, and if you wish to sit on the ground whilst painting you may wish to bring a mat to sit on.
- Delegates will be encouraged to seek the inspiration from the landscape and render a piece of digital landscape art.
- After an hour tea and cakes will be provided at the Brockhole, the Lake District Visitor Centre.
- Digital Artworks will be published via the Twitter feed @jacswork and facebook as part of #LakesIgnite with the creators permission.
- They will also be published via Joseph Connor’s YouTube channel.
- The course is based upon the master class as shown on Joseph Connor’s website.
Tickets are available via Brockhole, the Lake District Visitor Centre – £15 per adult and £10 per child (under 18). All children (under 18 yrs) must be accompanied by a paying adult and are the responsibility of the accompanying adult.
// WINDERMERE LAKE CRUISES TO BROCKHOLE
Enjoy a cruise over to Brockhole for 21st Century Landscape Art Class with Windermere Lakes Cruises who have boat journeys across Windermere to Brockhole for visitors who want a car-free visit.
Featuring a programme of outstanding contemporary art experiences, Lakes Ignite 2016 is an eclectic, celebration of artistic expression inspired by the stunning Lake District landscape, with a theme reflecting the region’s long and complex relationship with water in all its forms.
To enjoy these Lakes Culture events and much more, book your break in the Lake District here